PRO Follow-On Milk
Nutritional foundation for life
NUTRI-STEPS™ is our unique blend of ingredients tailored to help support babies’ nutritional needs now, and as they grow, every step of the way, including Iron to help support normal cognitive development, Vitamin D, Calcium, Omega 3 & 6 and GOS/FOS.
Exclusive Protein Process‡
‡Made with SMA Nutrition’s unique protein technology
Cognition with Iron to help support normal cognitive development
Development with Vitamin D and Calcium to support the normal growth and development of bones
Growth with Omega 3 & 6 to support normal growth and development†
†beneficial effect of essential fatty acids is obtained with a daily intake of 10 g of linoleic acid and 2 g of α-linolenic acid
Also available in liquids
SMA® PRO Follow-on Milk to complement the weaning diet
Our most advanced formula yet
Over the past 90 years, SMA® Nutrition has invested in early life nutrition research. As a result, SMA® PRO is born. Inspired by the specific nutritional needs of babies, SMA PRO represents some of our most advanced formulas yet.
Pack Size: 800g
Packaged in a protective atmosphere.
- Advancing baby nutrition for more than 90 years
- Suitable for Halal
- With Iron to help support normal cognitive development
- With Vitamin D and Calcium to support the normal growth and development of bones
- With Omega 3 & 6 to support normal growth and development
Vegetable Oils (Palm, Rapeseed, Coconut, Sunflower), Maltodextrin, Skimmed Milk, Demineralised Whey (Milk), Whey Permeate (Milk), Lactose (Milk), Galacto-Oligosaccharides (GOS), Calcium Citrate, Potassium Citrate, Calcium Phosphate, Emulsifier (Soya Lecithin), Fructo-Oligosaccharides (FOS), Fish Oil (DHA), Magnesium Chloride, Sodium Citrate, Vitamin C, Arachidonic Acid-Rich Oil (AA), Sodium Chloride, Ferrous Sulphate, Zinc Sulphate, Vitamin E, Antioxidants (Ascorbyl Palmitate, Alpha-Tocopherol), Pantothenic Acid, Niacin, Copper Sulphate, Thiamin, Vitamin A, Vitamin B6, Riboflavin, Folic Acid, Potassium Iodide, Sodium Selenate, Vitamin D, Vitamin K, Biotin, Vitamin B12
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Use within 4 weeks of opening.
- For best before, see base of can.
Origin Free Text:
Produced in Europe
Preparation and Usage:
Feeding guide from 6 months +
All babies are different but try to ensure that from 6 months to 1 year your baby has 500 – 600 ml of SMA® PRO Follow-on Milk per day, either as a drink, on cereals or mixed with food. Mix 1 scoop of powder to 30 ml (approx.1 fl. oz.) of water. Approx. 174 scoops per can. 1 scoop = 4.6 g. Approx. 29 x 200 ml servings per can.
Important feeding information
Do not add extra powder or water to make the feeds stronger or weaker and do not press powder into scoop. Using too much or too little powder can make your baby ill.
We recommend preparing each feed in individual beakers/bottles when required.
For hygienic reasons, discard unfinished feed in the beaker/bottle as soon as possible, and always within 2 hours.
Made-up SMA PRO Follow-on Milk can be poured over cereals and mixed with food.
Never add any food to the milk in your baby’s beaker/bottle.
Do not warm feeds in a microwave, hot spots may occur and cause scalding.
Remember, cows’ milk should not be used as a drink during the first year.
How to open and prepare your baby’s feed
A. Pull the safety seal and open the lid. The scoop is provided under the lid. Lift the tab, pull on the foil seal, carefully and safely remove the seal and dispose of it.
B. Once the feed has been made, store the scoop in suspension inside the can as shown and replace plastic lid.
Preparing your baby’s feed
Whilst this product is made under strict hygienic conditions, it is not sterile. Failure to follow instructions on preparation and storage may make your baby ill.
1. Wash hands well. After 6 months of age, if you are using a beaker it is not necessary to sterilise equipment, though you should ensure everything has been fully cleaned. If you are using a bottle and teat, sterilise all utensils according to manufacturers’ instructions.
2. Boil 1 litre of fresh tap water. Allow boiled water to cool for no more than 30 minutes. Measure 180 ml (approx. 6 fl. oz.) of water into a beaker or bottle, carefully – the water is hot. Do not use artificially softened or repeatedly boiled water. Using the scoop provided, add 6 scoops of powder, levelling off each scoop with the back of a clean dry knife.
3. Place a lid on the beaker, or teat and cap on the bottle, and shake well. Cool beaker or bottle under cold running water or in a bowl or jug of cold water until lukewarm. Test temperature by shaking a few drops onto the inside of your wrist.
- Recyclable Packing